How to Treat & Reduce Acne and Pimples for a Better Complexion and Healthy Skin
Acne is a condition that is linked to your gut health, hormones, diet, lifestyle, and external skincare routine.
The typical approach dries out the skin with treatment and products. My approach helps one get to the root of the problem IF they follow these tips.
Anyone can afford to eat well if they know how to shop for good and healthy foods. Money is not being wasted on packaged foods loaded with tons of chemical preservatives, food coloring, and additives.
I promise to help you have beautiful skin with these tried and true tips for an internal and external approach.
To Reduce Acne and Pimples, Avoid the following foods:
- Inflammatory cooking oils such as canola
- Processed foods of any kind
- Fried foods
- Fast food (not real food anyway)
- Sugar and dairy
Stop drinking any type of regular or diet soda, energy drinks with artificial color, sugary drinks (coffee additives packed with artificial ingredients and sugar).
Stop eating after eight at night, eating quickly or on the go, eating when you are stressed. Your food cannot be digested when you do. Instead, it just turns into toxic waste.
Toxic waste can seep out of your stomach lining and into your bloodstream where it causes inflammation throughout your body. Acne is a sympto of that inflammation.
Foods to Eat for Healthier Skin & Clear Complexion:
- Fresh organic fruits such as berries, kiwi, apples, and pears. Organic vegetables, both above ground and below ground grown.
- Beans & Legumes such as adzuki beans (that cleanse the kidneys) and mung beans help cleanse the liver. Chickpeas are very good for the heart.
- Lean protein such as wild-caught fish, chicken, lamb, occasionally beef, venison, elk
- Unprocessed nuts and seeds
- Whole grain oats, wild rice, millet
Reduce Acne by Improving Your Gut Health:
Very important to eat two tablespoons of sauerkraut daily. This amount contains 10,000,000,000 healthy bacteria. Far more than yogurt or kefir.
Don’t waste your money on purchasing probiotic pills. Correcting your gut bio not only helps protect your digestive organs, but it also helps to improve brain function and immune system as well. It will quell inflammation.
However, just as important as your diet is your state of mind not only when you are eating but also throughout the day. Learning how to breathe properly helps you have more control over your emotions, leading to a happy and balanced life. You can avoid the roller coaster ride and work towards beautiful and healthy skin.
Help your body detox gently by drinking plenty of water with the addition of 2 tablespoons each of both lemon and organic apple cider vinegar to each 16-ounce glass in the morning and evening after meals. In general, drink ½ ounce per pound that you weigh daily.
Just making these few changes, to begin with can help you get to the root cause of acne. You are what you eat; however, even if you have a perfect plate of food in front of you, and you eat when you are stressed, your food becomes toxic waste.
Above are the internal tips to help reverse acne. Now it is time for the external tips:
- Use great skincare products at least twice daily. This would include a gel-type cleanse, a scrub, and a gentle peel.
- Wash with warm water and rinse with cool water. Always use a clean towel to dry your skin.
- Wash your pillowcase several times a week. You perspire all through the night. This cultivates germs and bacteria growing on your pillowcase and your pillow as well.
- Wash your hands very often throughout the day. You have NO idea how many times you touch your face throughout the day. There is no substitute for soap and water. We touch our phones all day long and touch our keyboards too. Make sure you sanitize them as well.
- Sleep with a clay mask dotted on blemishes and breakouts every night. Once a week, you can use a clay-type mask all over your face to absorb excess oil and help promote rapid healing.
I am happy to help you further. I encourage you to reach out to me with questions at Products@susanciminelli.com.