SPRING 2015 NEWSLETTER
CLEANSING THE BODY TO A HEALTHIER, MORE BEAUTIFUL YOU
The liver is one of the primary organs of detoxification, helping remove toxins that can affect other organs which can be seen in the condition of the skin. We are constantly consuming harmful ingredients through our food and beverage choices, as well as being exposed to toxic ingredients in the environment. The liver throws off its waste in the spring time, which means that all of the impurities stored in the body from the holiday season and beyond are stored in the liver. Therefore it is imperative that we cleanse out our livers this time of year. Listed below are various foods that will help to remove stored toxins in the liver.
The benefits of eating dandelion greens, dandelion supplements, or drinking dandelion tea will relieve some liver disorders, help control or aid in treating diabetes, urinary disorders, acne, jaundice, cancer cells, and anemia. Antioxidants like vitamin C and luteolin keep the liver functioning in optimal gear by reducing the free radicals, thereby reducing the risk of cancer and of course, premature aging. They aid in maintaining the proper flow of bile from the gallbladder into the liver, while stimulating the function of the liver, removing toxins, and promoting healthy digestion. Dandelion is useful in treating skin disorders which are caused by microbial and fungal infections and a congested liver due to diet and lifestyle. If you have acne, dandelion juice is a good detoxifier and diuretic stimulant that can help clear your skin from the inside out.
Milk Thistle is an herbal plant extract that improves liver health and detoxification. It has been used for over 2,000 years as a natural treatment for liver disorders. Milk thistle extract is nature’s own liver supporter and protector. Modern research studies have confirmed the ability of milk thistle to protect the liver and the body from the effects of toxins such as alcohol, pollution from the internal and external environment, and a host of liver related diseases such as cirrhosis, hepatitis. It also reduces the growth of cancer cells, and improves blood sugar levels. Milk thistle can be taken orally in supplements, or in tea form combined with other herbs.
Radishes are highly beneficial for healthy liver and gallbladder functions. They protect you from infections, ulcers, eczema, psoriasis, and can even help to kill cancer cells. Radishes help to regulate production and flow of bile, acids, and enzymes, promoting digestion and detoxification. Due to their high level of vitamin C, antioxidants, and detoxifying abilities, radishes are so powerful they are known to stop oral, stomach, intestinal, kidney and colon cancer cells from multiplying. Radishes are also great for the skin due to their detoxifying affect on the body, and weight control because they help break down and dissolve fat cells. They wash away the toxins accumulated in the bloodstream, and kidneys, which can help to lighten dark circles under the eyes.
When the colon is not clean, and is impacted with waste from poor nutrition, lack of fiber, dehydration, etc. the liver is not able to dump its waste into the largest eliminative organ, the colon. Increasing one’s fiber intake and drinking more water can and will make a big difference. Also, taking gentle herbs for detoxifying the colon, such as Super Cleanse by Nature’s Secret, will do the trick. Super Cleanse does not cause cramping, so it is much more comfortable for you to take. Super Cleanse should only be taken at night. When you incorporate the following fresh, raw herbs they should be eaten as much as possible. You may notice how beneficial they are for your health, leading to radiant, clear skin, and a lifetime of beauty and wellness.
HEALTH & BEAUTY BENEFITS OF EATING RAW HERBS
Cilantro is a cooking herb that contains many healthy nutrients and essential oils that are required for optimal health and wellness. Raw Cilantro is a strong heavy-metal detoxifier able to remove mercury and aluminum. This natural, powerful herb is packed with vitamins A, K, & C, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium. Cilantro has more antioxidants than most fruits or vegetables, and is able to support the body’s organs including the kidney, stomach, spleen, adrenals, thyroid, pancreas, bladder, and lungs. It is a potent anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant ingredient, and has been proven to lower blood-sugar and reduce “bad cholesterol” while increasing “good cholesterol” levels.
Among many other herbs, parsley helps prevent breast cancer. This incredible herb contains a high level of Apigenin, blocking the creation of new blood vessels required for tumors to grow and multiply.
Basil has been used for centuries as a treatment for gastric, hepatic, respiratory and inflammatory disorders, as well as a remedy for headaches, fevers, anxiety, convulsions, nausea and hypertension. It contains dozens of aromatic essential oil components in its leaf for antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits.
Thyme also has a high amount of antioxidants and the same benefits as basil with the ability to fight off free radicals in the body. Herbs are also a very good source of vitamins A and C, as well as iron, chlorophyll and fiber.
Rosemary is a good source of iron, calcium, antioxidants and vitamin B6, used to help alleviate muscle pain, boost the immune system and blood circulation, and improve memory, digestion and hair growth.
The inner bark of slippery elm herb which contains mucilage – a polysaccharide, is great for helping to soothe and coat the mouth, throat, intestines and stomach, aiding in relief from Crohn’s Disease, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and diverticulitis. Slippery elm herb is also great for helping with indigestion and heart burn.
The health benefits of dandelion include bone health, skincare, weightless, relief from liver disorder, diabetes, urinary disorders, acne, cancer, and anemia.
As noted below, it is best to eat organic foods whenever possible. Genetically-modified foods pose numerous health threats including intestinal damage, allergies, testicular cellular changes, tumors, and liver or pancreatic problems. Organic food on the other hand, is free of neurotoxins, which damage the brain (nerve cells). It is especially important for young children to eat organic food, as their brains and bodies are constantly growing. Children are much more susceptible to toxins than adults, making organic foods a much healthier option. Organic food has more nutrients than traditional commercially grown food, as well antioxidants, vitamins and minerals necessary for health and wellness.
It is getting easier to eat organically, as more and more stores around the world have begun offering this option. If you cannot find what you are looking for where you live, go on line and order direct from farmers willing to ship to you. Some of the large retail stores in America include: Wal-Mart, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, Safeway, and Costco. In Europe, some of them include: Tesco, Carrefour, Tegut, and Mercadona.
DAILY DIET & HEALTH TIPS
• It is best to eat organic food, especially eggs, dairy (should be limited anyway), and berries.
• Drink purified water throughout the day to keep your system clean.
• Avoid farm raised fish. They are loaded with antibiotics and are raised in toxic water.
• Eat slowly; chew your food well to assure proper digestion and absorption of your food.
• Drinking Kombucha tea daily replaces good bacteria in the gut, making it easier for waste to leave your colon and liver. Eat an apple a day to help your body stay fresh and clean. Apples contain fiber as well as vitamin C and antioxidants, and have a number of other health benefits. Apples help to prevent dementia, strokes, diabetes, and breast cancer.
• Substitute brown rice (especially short grain) for white rice. Brown rice contains necessary B vitamins, and helps strip fatty deposits from the colon.
• In the morning after brushing your teeth, scrape the tongue with a good quality tongue scraper to strip film from tongue that is toxic. Afterwards, drink a large glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice added to it, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and a teaspoon of pure maple syrup, or just the water with fresh lemon juice added. This cleanses your internal digestive organs and prepares them for the day’s food intake. It also helps to cleanse the blood as well.
This drink should be alternated daily with plain lemon juice and water, and/or apple cider vinegar and water every morning. Just add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar to about 8 ounces of pure water concoction.
• The liver craves dark green leafy veggies. Leafy greens are full of important vitamins and minerals and are an essential part of any diet. Some of the best options include kale, spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce (especially the outer leaves), watercress, and swiss chard.
• Coffee clogs your liver. Consuming coffee contributes to cellulite and water retention. It also can give you blackheads and breakouts because it is so acidic. It is not the caffeine; it is the acidity of the coffee bean and the oil that it contains that are not good for one’s skin, or your health and well-being. It turns to sludge in the system – clogging up your pipes. Good quality green tea is a better alternative. Especially green teas from Japan, such as Sencha.
• Take a good multi vitamin daily for, as well as at least 2000 IU’s of vitamin D3 along with calcium daily for good bone health. B vitamins help to keep you calm. Rescue Remedy drops are also helpful when dealing with acute stress, which may cause you to over eat and drink.
• Staying active and managing stress with meditation keep your mind and body healthy. Performing yoga daily helps the spirit soar and leaves the body balanced, energized and relaxed. Life is tough. Stress kills. The calmer we are, the more control we have and the healthier we will be.
USING SEAWEED TO HEAL THE BODY & SKIN
Seaweed brings many healing benefits to the body and skin. This green super food is very rich in minerals such as calcium. Seaweed is often used in soups (such as miso), salads, and as part of sushi presentations. They are usually sold in dried forms, such as sheets or cakes, and are available at Asian specialty markets or health foods stores. Seaweed plays an important role in the process of detoxification. Many of our products contain seaweed. The Algae Fine Powder is a powerful detoxifying bath powder that allows you to absorb the minerals and trace elements right into the skin, while also pulling toxic fluid out of fat cells and shrinking cellulite. You can bathe in this as often as you want. Susan’s Blue Green Algae Supplements are loaded with powerful nutrients that naturally increase energy, boost the immune system, improve digestion, and help contribute to detoxification and weight loss. They also make your skin glow from the inside out. These supplements have powerful anti-aging effects on the skin, hair, and internal organs. It is recommended to take two capsules with water on an empty stomach three times per day.
HOW TO STEAM PORES USING OREGANO OR ROSEMARY
1. Wash. Cleanse your skin before steaming with our Cleansing Milk to nourish and protect your skin as well as gently remove make-up and daily impurities. Use a warm damp washcloth to remove it. Our unique Algae Deep Cleanse naturally peels away dead skin cells and is a skin purifying product that won’t dry your skin. Wash it off with a warm sponge or a wash cloth. Splash your face with cool water several times to remove residues. Make sure the skin is really clean, and then dry with a clean towel.
2. Steam. Boil a medium-sized pot of filtered water. Add one tablespoon of dry oregano and let it steep five minutes with a lid on the pot. Place a towel over your face and carefully lean over the steaming water. Tent the towel over your shoulders and the pot so that the steam is directed to your face. Make sure you are far enough away for the steam so you don’t burn yourself. Let the steam soak into your face and pores for ten minutes.
3. Wash again with Algae Deep Cleanse or Bamboo Ginger Scrub to get skin even cleaner. Use a few drops of Oil Control Formula and Seawater over infected areas, then apply Sea Clay Mask all over face, avoiding eye area. Leave mask on for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water and then use a damp washcloth to remove the remainder of mask left on skin.
5. Apply appropriate essential oil, Seawater and moisturizer to protect the face from drying out. At night, right over your moisturizer, you can spot treat any blemishes with a dab of Sea Clay Mask. Leave on all night. In the morning, your blemishes should have shrunk. If you have infected breakouts, it is great to take Oil of Oregano Pills. Gaia brand oregano pills are fantastic, as they are the most potent and pure ones I have found on the market.
Tip: Always clean your face with warm water, and finish by rinsing with cool water. Make sure to include the nose and cheeks when washing the face and neck.
OREGANO OIL AS A HEALTH & BEAUTY BOOSTER
If you’re looking for another natural way to boost your health and beauty, oregano oil supplements from brands such as Gaia should be incorporated in to your routine when you are feeling under the weather. This powerful herb has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic properties. Used as a natural treatment and alternative to antibiotics, oil of oregano offers many useful health benefits. Two active ingredients in oregano oil – carvacrol and thymol, help boost the immune system. Skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, and dark circles under the eyes can see improvement.
Oregano oil can be bought in a gel form, starting with one or two capsules twice daily between meals. They can be found in almost any natural health or nutrition store.
NEW AT SUSAN CIMINELLI
Susan is excited to announce the arrival of Revitalizing Sensitive Skin Moisturizer. Best suited for normal or dry skin types, this new miracle cream calms the driest, most sensitive skin in need of hydration. It easily penetrates the skin leaving you with a dewy complexion that lingers for hours.
Infused with aloe vera, chamomile, pine bark extract, shea butter, and essential oil of sunflower, Revitalizing Sensitive Skin Moisturizer has been expertly blended with anti-aging vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Science and nature meet with the inclusion of the wonder anti-aging ingredient Matrixyl 3000, which helps stimulate natural collagen production and visibly reduces the signs of aging. Tetrapeptide-7 (matrixyl) clinical test results show a 44.9% reduction of deep wrinkles, 16.6% lifting effects, and a 14.4% reduction of roughness within eight weeks of daily use.
This multifaceted moisturizer works great in isolation or with other Susan Ciminelli products. For optimal results, use day and night to experience the famous and sought after “Ciminelli Glow,” as dubbed by The New York Times.
Revitalizing Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
1.7 oz – $175.00
0.25 oz (travel size) – $25.00
Now available to purchase at the Beauty Clinic in Manhattan, Susan’s Private Sanctuary in Los Angeles, and online at http://www.susanciminelli.com/revitalizing-sensitive-skin-moisturizer.html.
We will also be introducing Hydradermabrasion Facials to our services at the Beauty Clinic. Utilizing the latest technology available, these treatments are specifically designed for anti-aging and skin lightening. Hydra Facials are new and improved procedures that are gentle on the skin and show immediate results. Please visit our website for more details and call the Beauty Clinic at (212) 750-4441 to book an appointment.